Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Introductions

Oh, hello there.

The Science Behind it -- daunting as the name sounds -- is not a science blog that will make your brain hurt.

As a fourth year undergrad studying biomedical biology, I've been confronted with just about a squillion too many science concepts that, although interesting, just made me go 'huh?'. I have a keen interest in science and in how things work, but I just do not have the patience nor the particular way of thinking that leads to careers in laboratory research and/or medical school. Rather, I'm gunning for something more along the lines of science communication; this way I can write (and eventually dabble in other media) and not abandon that part of myself that somehow manages to incorporate the words 'it's the parahippocampal gyrus, yo!' into conversation with non-science students.

This blog will explore science for the everyman-- everything from commenting on new developments, science in movies and television series, expanding upon what learning I gained in lectures, to finding answers to whatever random question pops into my head on any old day -- and present it in a way that is informative and, hopefully, entertaining.

Dare I say it? Yup, it will be edu-fun.

Feedback is welcome (and very much wanted at this point!), so please comment on interesting posts or send me a message at sciencebehindit@gmail.com

NOTE: If it wasn't obvious by my lazy diction, this is not an academic blog and these posts should never in any realm constitute a source (i.e., padding for a lab report). When I can, I will include some valid and relevant references at the end of a post for those who would like to explore a topic further beyond my own conjecture. I'm kind of awesome that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment